1. A warm front is represented on a chart by:
a) Red Semi-circles
b) Blue Semi-circles
c) Red Triangles
2. The Maximum Take Of Weight for a 2 seat land microlight without BRS is:
3. The maximum blood alcohol limit for a pilot is:
a) 80 milligrams
b) 20 milligrams
c) 5 milligrams
4. The height of a mast is given as: 1024 (820) on a chart, how heigh is it above sea level?
5. The type of drag caused by an aircraft generating lift is called:
a) Form drag
b) Induced drag
c) Parasitic drag
6. Is the answer to question 5 worse at:
a) Low airspeeds
b) High airspeeds
c) The same at any airspeed
7. Which of the following is correct?
a) Red = Starboard (Right)
b) Green = Port (Left)
c) Red = Port (Left)
8. The elevator moves an aircraft around the:
a) Longitudinal axis
b) Lateral axis
c) Vertical axis
9. The altitude of an airfield with an ATZ is given as 350ft, how height will the ATZ be above the height of the airfield?
10. The temperature at which water vapour condenses out of the air is known as the:
a) Transition level
b) Dew point
c) Flash point
11. It’s a hot day, 25oC at ground level, will this affect your aircraft’s take off run?
b) Yes, longer distance needed.
c) Yes, shorter distance needed.
12. Apart from when taking off or landing, an aircraft must not fly closer than 500ft to:
a) any person, pet, vessel or structure.
b) any person, animal, vehicle or structure.
c) any person, vessel, vehicle or structure.
Scroll down for the answers:
1 a, 2 a, 3 b, 4 c, 5 b, 6 a, 7 c, 8 b, 9 a, 10 b, 11 b, 12 c,